Circle of Security Parenting
One Eleven Place
111 Realtors Way
Cary NC, 27513
Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 8:00 AM to Friday, April 28, 2017, 5:00 PM EST
Category: Community Programs
| CIRCLE OF SECURITY®
PARENTINGTM DVD TRAINING
Cary, North Carolina
Sponsored by: The Psychoanalytic Center of the Carolinas
Presented by: Kent Hoffman - Circle of Security Co-originator
Circle of Security has established a DVD parenting education program offering the core components of the evidence-based and internationally acclaimed COS protocol. This 4-Day seminar trains professionals to use an eight chapter DVD to education parents and caregivers. The program presents video examples of secure and problematic parent/child interaction, healthy options in care giving, and animated graphics designed to clarify principles central to COS. Circle of Security Parenting implements decades of attachment research in an accessible step-by-step process for use in group settings, home visitation, or individual counselling. Watch a sample of the DVD at http://www.youtube.com/user/CircleOfSecurity
One Eleven Place
111 Realtors Way
Cary, NC 27513
Ten minute drive from the
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Home Visitors, Family Support Workers, Outreach Workers, Behavior Support Specialists, and anyone providing parenting education and/or counseling to parents of young children.
Late Registration: $1,000 with payment after March 27, 2017Group Rates:
$900 (includes COS Parenting DVD, COS Parenting Training Manual, Parent Handouts, License to use the above materials to teach COS Parenting to caregivers). This cost (minus a $200 cancellation fee) is refundable through April 11, 2017. After this date it may be only transferred to another person.
5-9 people 10% discount, 10 or more 15% discountClick here for information on scholarship opportunities.
|Learning Objectives of the Training
- Describe the attachment theory and research upon which the Circle of Security® Parenting program is based.
- Explain the long-term benefits of shifting caregiver focus from behavior management to enhancing the quality of relationship.
- Describe specific steps to building self-reflection in caregivers.
- Utilize group process and video clips of parent-child interactions to support increased empathy in caregivers.
- Identify new strategies to use with caregivers to improve the regulation of emotions in themselves and their children.
- Employ step-by-step approaches for promoting secure attachment in children.
- Utilize reflective questioning to help caregivers compassionately examine their limitations as parents.
- Explain the concept of relational rupture and repair.
- Describe typical patterns of relational rupture whereby caregivers lose their capacity to be bigger, stronger, wiser and kind.
"The Circle of Security Parenting DVD is an outstanding contribution and a "must see" for parents of young children. Focusing on how parent/child relationships can be strengthened, this unique approach teaches parents, and those helping them, new ways to understand children's needs and behavior. It also offers effective ways to respond to these needs and behaviors. I have found it invaluable in my own work with parents of young children."
Charles H. Zeanah, MD
Tulane University School of Medicine
Editor, Handbook of Infant Mental Health
Registration is open. Go to www.circleofsecurity.net. For questions, contact the COSI Registrar at email@example.com.
*DVD Permission may be used by those who have completed the 4-Day training. Completion of hte 4-Day training does not grant permission to train others in the use of the DVD.